Monday 15 September 2014

Amazing Weekend!!!!

What an amazing weekend!!

As you know- My and my bezzie went to The North West Fashion Festival 2014 on Sunday.
By sheer stroke of luck I found out Ms. Betty Rage and HER bezzie, Suzanne, was also attending. We contacted each other and decided we would meet up once we got there.

Well, Sissy and I got there and , of course, (as always at these events) there was a bit of a delay in entrance.  Seems one of the marquees needed adjusting  and the sound system as well. But once they got them handled, it was on. As Sissy and I stood in the queue waiting, I was gazing around wondering if I would recognise Betty. There were hundreds of people there and as I looked around, none of them stood out as anyone I would recognise from reading her blog. Slowly we inched our way to the front of the line where we showed our VIP Tickets and were allowed entrance to the fashion event of the season!!(So FAR, anyway.)  Well we got our VIP wristbands and told to just ask when we were ready to go to the VIP Tent. I looked at Sissy and we decided to take our champagne and wait a bit to see the people walk the red carpet as the other VIPs and Celebs entered. Minutes went by and all the pretty people just kept on coming. Tan people- pasty people, people dressed in the most outrageous outfits you can imagine.
And then- as we looked up the runway of red carpet- there she was. There was no doubt in my mind that the lovely woman stepping onto the red carpet was THE ONE & ONLY Miss BETTY RAGE.

She stood there for a few seconds gazing around as if she OWNED the place -and then -she tilted her flame coloured head of hair upwards, smiled that Mega Watt smile with the Hot Red Lippy and didn't just walk down that Red Carpet- she STRUTTED in 6 inch Leopard-print Heels! She was wearing a Black one piece jumpsuit with a black peplum jacket over it. She was rocking some Fierce red talons too with a huge Gold and Black scarab ring and a dozen Black and gold bangle bracelets in different widths.
My jaw hit the ground, people. This woman was  one HAWT Rockin' Chick!!
Confidence out the ass- and with justification- She is One of a Kind!!!!
As she took her glass of champagne and glanced around- I made my way over to her. I said,
"Betty? It's Lovely to finally get to meet you. I'm Elena."
She smiled at me as I extended my hand to shake hers, and laughed. She handed her champagne flute to her friend and brushed aside my hand as she said, " Handshakes, Elena? Seriously?" And then she gave me a big fierce hug and a kiss on the cheek!

This woman is as wide open and wild as the Montana Wilderness. I absolutely adore her!!!

I'll tell you more about the fashion show later. But for now- this is all you get.

I met Betty RAGE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment