Sunday 1 February 2015

On Plural Marriages and Goddessness

I've been watching My 4 Wives this evening as is my Sunday Evening Ritual. I LOVE that show. It truly fascinates me.

I'm not one of the women who could embrace that lifestyle- but there are parts of it that certainly sound appealing. The sister-wives, for example. I mean imagine having your sister wives to share the household duties with.....the cooking, the cleaning, the responsibilities of the kids......Having shoulders to lean on who understand what you are going thru from a woman point of view. I mean yes- that's what a husband should do- but can any man TRULY understand that you have PMS and you just cant face anything? No- he really cant.

On the other hand, if you don't like the sister wives it could be the worst manner of hell too. Never being able to trust your kids will be taken care of when they are with one of the other mothers.....
among other things.

I'm much to much of a Queen Bee to allow my man to be with another woman with my blessing. If my husband came in and seriously wanted to discuss having a plural marriage- I would pack my bags and walk out. I don't DO sharing. Certainly not in THAT area of my life. I believe in One Man, One Woman, One Marriage. I think spouses should put each other above all others- in all cases. I believe in spending your nights together- I believe in going out together(occasionally having a girls or guys night out) but under NO circumstances should either be out and about with someone of the opposite sex without the other unless the other is a blood relative. It's just what I believe.

3M doesn't believe in the no exceptions part of it- and I have to concede that there are a VERY FEW circumstances where it would be not objected to- but for the most part- it just isn't negotiable for me.

What's the wording in the wedding vows?....forsaking all others? I truly believe that with all my heart and soul.

And I believe I deserve it and refuse to accept anything less. Same goes for my husband. I don't do anything I wouldn't want him doing.

Sometimes you gotta fight for what you believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment