Sunday 1 May 2016

A Gentle Reminder

Goddesses do not give up. They persevere. They set their sights on a goal and they battle their way to it. If they are knocked down...they shake it off, get back up, take up the battle ax and start swinging again as they fight their way up the mountain.

That pretty much sums up my life for the past few months.

I have a problem....I fight it. I fall down. I shake it off. I get my ass back up- and I fight the fight again.

Til the next  next problem comes along. Shampoo, rinse, condition, rinse....repeat.

Weight Loss....Homesickness....Headaches that are constant....old injuries that interfere with my activity for weight loss..... My son and dad's passing......By daughters housing problems....My other son's problems......... my mother's downhill slide into Alzheimer's........my loneliness and the desperate need for human touch. 

It's a vicious circle that just keeps on attacking from a different angle every time hoping to bring me completely down and out.  But I keep getting back up.

Because it's what Goddesses do.
We hold the power. We hold the key in ourselves. 
We do not give up. We may have to sit a spell and regroup- but we do not give up.
We battle on.
and ultimately.....
In the end....
We Are Victorious.

1 comment:

  1. We do. We fight, we punch, we get back up. And brush ourselves off, touch up our lippy and fight again. That's what defines us, makes us different than the mere mortals. We smile through the tears, and get on with it

    You are an amazing inspiration and every day you inspire me a little more.

    Lots of love

    The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxx

    ReplyDelete