Sunday 23 February 2020

The Winter is Here

In two days I will be 60 mortal years old and I have learned many things as a mortal.

It has been a hard life- yet it has also been a wonderful life.

As a mortal, I have suffered from heartache beyond compare. I have lost one of my children and father and others I loved, and cried tears of grief. Sometimes, even in moments of great happiness the grief will overcome me and my tears of joy and happiness turn instantly into tears of unbearable grief and I have to leave to keep from ruining whatever celebration is happening.
In my life as a mortal, I have felt great betrayal of the best of friends. There is a saying here on Earth- "With friends like these- there is no need for enemies." Trust does not come easily for mortals and with good reason.

But I have also felt great joys.
I have  friends who are like sisters- and sisters who are also my friend. Both are a true blessing to me.
I have children who are my best friends as well. Here in this mortal realm, it isnt always so.  There is much discord amongst mortals- no matter what relationship they are to each other. It boggles the mind.
I have friends of both sexes. Not always allowed in this realm either. Distrust and betrayal is rampant as I have mentioned.
I have inlaws I love and who I hope love me as well.
I have old friends who have kept in touch and some that have reconnected after years.
I have friends who have a special place in my heart and will surely be sitting at my table upon our return to the Great Hall.
I have a wonderful spouse who doesn't always let me have my way- that in itself is truly a blessing because there are times I want to do things that I would give not a second thought to in Valhalla, but in this mortal world could do me or others serious harm. I need to be reminded it is NOT all about me at times. He always lets me know that I am loved.

I am entering the Winter of this mortal life and I am dedicating the rest of my time here to getting healthy and back in condition for my return to Valhalla or Heaven as most mortals call it. I am looking forward to mounting my great steed and riding thru the thick forests and the lush green valleys of Valhalla. To swimming in the clear clean warm waters of the pools under the waterfalls and napping on the warm sunny rocks beside them. I long to wear the glistening flowing comfortable gowns, or wearing the leathers of the hunt. I miss my cloak.

But for now, I am going to slow down and enjoy the rest of this time here. I'm going to take more walks out in this beautiful world, I am going to smile and compliment more mortals on things about them that make me happy to see. I am going to smile more and laugh more and just ENJOY more of everything.

My last 20 mortal years here are going to be the best yet and I hope you are a part of it.





1 comment:

  1. You are fabulous. Fab-U-lous!!! An inspiration
    I’m so blessed to have you in my life. Love you so much

    Lots of love
    The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxx

    ReplyDelete