Sunday 20 April 2014

Mere Mortal....My God...

Yes- we Goddesses do have our Mere Mortals.

But once in a while, we find a Mere Mortal who is heads above the others. And that's our Soul-mate.

I found mine. Yes, we argue and yes, we have habits that annoy the hell out of each other. But when I look at him, I still get butterflies in my stomach and my heart skips beats.
When he walks into a room, I can tell. Even if my back is to him, there's an electrical current in the air that practically crackles and I can feel the hair on my neck start to stand up. And when I turn around- there he is.

I love that man with every fibre of my being. I love his salt and pepper hair. It used to be jet back when  we first got married, but it has since turned a lovely salt and pepper during the almost 10 years we've been married.As my granny says- for every grey hair you've had a good time.

I love the way he tugs at his beard when he's concentrating on something he's doing. I love the way his butt looks when he walks across the room. I love they way his kisses always have a tinge of the taste of blueberries in them. (I have no idea either, but he does).

I love his thighs. He has the sexiest legs. Sturdy- muscular....no bird legs on my mere mortal. I even love his feet. I absolutely detest feet. I think feet have got to be the ugliest of God's creations. I cringe to even look at them-let alone touch them. But My Mere Mortals' feet fascinate me. They're long and wide and the second toe is longer than the big toe and it's even a bit longer than MY pinkie finger.....and I think they're adorable!!!

I love the way he buys me little things to make me laugh. I love the way he still wears the silver chain I gave him as a gift for his being my mentor/tutor when I bought my first computer and was scared to even turn the thing on.We had only known each other 6 months when I bought it for him and the clasp broke several years ago- but he won't even take it off long enough for the jewellers to repair it.

I love the way he will wrap his arms around my waist and kiss me on the back of the neck when I'm standing at the sink washing up the supper dishes. And I love it equally as much when we're walking along talking and he reaches over to hold my hand...or quietly crosses over to the side of the sidewalk so he's closest to the road and traffic than I am and tries to not make it obvious that's what he's doing.

My Mere Mortal? Yes.
But also My Love, My  Heart, My Husband.........and My God.

But we'll keep that our little secret. Ummmmmmkay????

Goddess Rules,
Elena xxxx





1 comment:

  1. Elena

    I am slowly learning that even though I am a proud singleton the right man can make all the difference in the world. The little things...those little things make life a bit sweeter indeed. It sounds like your mere mortal is a very good, loving, sweet, kind man. You are indeed the luckiest woman alive

    Lots of love

    Betty Rage xxxxx

    ReplyDelete