Sunday 15 June 2014

*Goddess Eyebrow*


It's been awhile- yes. The truth is, I'm on a roller coaster of emotions right now and I'm trying to stablize.
Being a Goddess does NOT in any way, shape or form make you immune to life's stresses and failures. If anything I think it sometimes magnifies them.
On the one hand, I am finding a lot of joy in my relationship. My Mere Mortal is bringing me nothing but happiness and I am absolutely basking in the golden aura of it.
On the other hand, I have gained 15 pounds or so since returning from my sabbatical and it's becoming quite a struggle to keep it somewhat under control.

But that being said, I have lost a tiny bit over two pounds this week so maybe the weight is going to not be such a problem after all. I have always tended to eat a bit of things that are bad for me whilst at work- unless I bring something from home there is nothing to eat there except junk food and it makes it extremely difficult to resist when you have a sweet tooth AND you're hypo-glycemic. That means your blood sugar drops like a stone at the drop of a hat- usually with no warning until I'm shaking like a leaf in a hurricane. So I always keep either an emergency sweet , or a pack of glucose tablets handy- just in case......only the just in case usually tends to be "just in case" I get a bit peckish and know it's there.

Well, this week, I still had my nibbles occasionally, but I also have been bringing bananas and oranges to work with me to eat if I get peckish- PLUS- I have my morning mug of coffee, but as soon as it hits noon- the only thing I drink has been  water. I've said it before and I'll say it again- if I don't drink my water- I don't lose- or worse- I gain. And this past month has proven me right yet again!!

I also still haven't been back to the gym yet. I cant force myself to go. I know I need to- and I psych myself up and am ready to go once I get home, but by the time I get changed into my gym clothes and gather my keys and my access card and pull my hair back so I don't sweat and get overheated while I'm working out- I'm exhausted and have just completely lost all will and enthusiasm. So I just end up sitting down and not going. I have got to resolve these issues.

I received a couple of powerful crystal pendants from one of my friends who is(I think) a Celtic Witch.
She's never said in so many words, but  my Goddess Sense is tingling and I can usually tell when a kindred spirit is in the vicinity of me. I've been particularly drawn to one of them and have been wearing it practically non stop since the day it arrived. It has a positivity that just makes me feel on top of the world. (Except for that gym thing which is REALLY annoying.) I'm going to try the other one too....maybe it will give me the extra mojo I need. Or maybe I can wear them together.....

My Sister of the Heart- Breianna- has offered me an opportunity in a couple of business ventures. As much as I detest my job, I'm seriously contemplating taking her up on it. There may be a couple of downsides to it- but I think they may be overcome. Things always work out if you want them to. One of them may even help me in the looking better/healthier lifestyle way. I know it would defo make me think about how I look more. But more on that later if it all pans out for us.

I've also started a project that seems doomed. I'm a photographer and have started a year-long project with a new model. A camera shy one. Now- I have to say that  she has been great. She agreed to DO the project with me(HUGE for her!!!) and during our first mini-shoot she really started to loosen up and seemed to get into the spirit of it. But the past couple of weekends(it's a couple of hours every weekend kind of project- not too time consuming for either of us) something has come up that prevented us from our shoot. I know- things like that happen all the time- but for some reason this project is fighting us at every turn. It may take two years, but we WILL see this thru. It's too important to us both. I have so many ideas for the shoots. Our main problem is that we live so far apart. When we started planning the project we both lived in the same town- about 10 minutes apart. Well, Breianna(Yes- the same Breianna is my camera shy model, what can I say-she trusts very few people to do this and it's a golden opportunity for me as a photographer so we went with it!!!) got a fabulous new job, and a fabulous new significant other, and a fabulous new apartment in a fabulous little town a couple weeks later and now lives about 40 miles away from me. So with us both working our day jobs during the week, a commute during the week is totally out of the question, and we've planned on alternating weekends travel for the shoots, but we also have to take in our significant others plans for us- as well as the weather and travel and it's ....difficult. But we WILL get it done. We are both just that kind of stubborn and as Goddesses, we WILL have our way.

Anyway, That's what's going on in this Goddess's life, at the moment. I'm having a few blips, but I'm getting my Goddessness back and will be back full force again soon. Just you wait and see.

*Goddess Eyebrow*






2 comments:

  1. Goddess Elena

    I know how you feel. I have fallen down along the way too. But one thing you have taught me is that the true measure of being a goddess is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, retouch your lippy and strut on.

    Your project will come to fruition. Things will settle. You have great people around you and you are a great teacher.

    Be strong. And stay fabulous.

    Lots of love

    The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owwww!!! TY Betty!!! LOVE your title!! "The Fabulous Betty Rage!!!!!" Muaahhh!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete