Wednesday 19 March 2014

Take It and RUN With It.

How do you get Goddess Confidence?

How many times have I been asked this.......about a hundred thousand.

The trick, my darlings, is to take your compliments and run with them. If someone says you look stunning in an outfit, you sweetly accept the compliment and REMEMBER it.
For example-The other day I was at work and a few of us was standing around having a bit of a chat on break. The Security Guy said something and I chimed in with a pretty damn annoying example of what we was discussing and we all laughed. I was deliberately trying to get something stirred up and told the guys..."See, when he sees me coming I bet he's thinking Oh Damn- she's going to ruin my day!!!..." But to my surprise and absolute delight- he said "Actually, it's you and people LIKE you that actually MAKE my day so much easier, Elena!!" And a couple of the other guys chimed in agreeing with him.
 I said in my sweetest voice"Awww- y'all so SWEET!!!!" and smiled and walked back in to my job.

When my Goddess Friend (I really should come up with a code-name for all these people I'll be talking about on a regular Basis) tells me that I really DO suit a certain shade of lipstick that I previously hadn't worn, I do the same thing. I take a long look at myself and try to see what they are seeing in me.

When my mere mortal tells me that he can see I'm losing weight and that it looks good on me-I try to do something extra special for him for noticing and for letting me KNOW he cares.

I think we have to LOOK deep inside ourselves for our Inner Goddess. We don't really see the good in us that others do. But if we look deep enough, we find it. And we have to act accordingly.

Just remember- there is a time and place for everything. 


1 comment:

  1. Oooooooo girl, you're right! It's hard to take compliments at times. But it's a matter of changing your way of thinking. You're quite a force to be reckoned with, darling!!! Please don't forget, you're fabulous and the ultimate goddess!!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete